Monday, November 27, 2006

To be free in the world you must first be free in yourself

So we are back from dream land and now I know why they call it dream land… we stayed at a place called Jimmy’s (its kind of funny that they have American names here) But it was just perfect… It is a row of bamboo and grass huts that are built right on the beach… The way are place was set up was a open patio restaurant that over looked 6 different surf spots and was right on the sand and about 45 feet from the ocean…and then you go up stairs to where the bed rooms where… there where 4 different rooms 2 with double beds and 2 with single beds and then a open area that overlooked the beach and all the surf spots…And I was lucky enough to get the only room that had a ocean front window in it… so all I had to do to check the surf in the morning was to sit up in bed and turn my head to look out the window and if the surf looked good and the tides where right then it was time to get up and have are huge breakfast for $1.50 and then hit the water… If not then I would just lay right back down till I felt like getting up… We where lucky enough to be sharing the place with just 2 other people. An English girl and her French boy friend… And at first it was a slow start but after about 2 hours of chilling with them and talking it was like we where all old friends that had not seen each other for awhile…(and I know that Andy and Eric feel the same way). The French guy was named Julian and I don’t think that there is a nicer more genuine and crazy French man out there than him he had all kinds of great stories and experiences that we talk about and laughed over for the 5 day that we where there. He is truly a person that I plan on keeping in touch with and plan on visiting him at his home in the south of France where he lives on the cliffs over looking the beach… It was his 3rd trip to Bali and so he gave us all the info that we need to know about all the breaks and where to get in and out of the water and how to get around to the different spots… With out him we would have been lost the first few days there… (So Julian if you check this blog I thank you for your help and kindness)… So I was going to buy a board here because they are kind of cheap but with the cost of a board, board bag, and the airlines charging me 75 to 100 dollars for all of the next flights that we have to take the board would have ended up costing me about $1000 probably. So I really didn’t think that it was worth it… So I rented a nice board for only $3.00 a day or it would have been a nice board if I was 125 pounds and 5ft 7in but I am neither so I just made the best of it and had fun anyway… So basically all that we had to do all day was to just eat, surf, swim, and chill… it was so relaxing that it was boring at sometimes, but never was it not appreciated… After the first day there we where all so comfortable with the place and the 2 people that worked and lived there that we just started to just get are own drinks and what ever we wanted and would just mark it down on are tab that we had (which at the end was only about 80 dollars a person for the five days we stayed)….So all in all it was a great experience and one that I will never forget but don’t think many other people will be able to enjoy for much longer due to the fact the land that is above the beach on the cliffs were sold and are being turned into a luxury hotel and golf course and they are trying to demolish the bungalows in as little as a 3 months and make the beach a private one… So the next time I come back to Bali I don’t even think that I will be able to return to that same beach…. It’s sad what money and people can do to the beauty of Mother Nature… So it is now Monday the 27th at about 10 o’clock a.m. and we are back in Kuta and it is nice…. but it really sucks because it is to touristy … I think that I am going to chill for the day and try and stay out of the sun and then tomorrow maybe go and get a tour of some other places in Bali… I really wish that I could rent a moto or a car but the driving here is just insane and I don’t feel like getting into a wreck or kill myself so I think that it is worth the 5 dollars to hire someone to take you around to different places…I have learned that when people say that the world is a small one it is the truth. I have meet people along my journey so far that know some of the same people that I know and know the same places that I know. It just makes me laugh sometimes to think that I could have crossed paths with some of these people already… So all of us for got that it was even Thanksgiving till the morning of Thursday and I think that I had chicken nuggets and French fries for my dinner and it was great. But I definitely gave thanks for all that I have and am able to have…SO HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! And (Aften happy birthday!!!!! I was thinking about you and hoping that you had a good one let me know what you want from here because I think that I am going to try and FedEx a box back to dad’s house) I hope that everyone is well and enjoying life because I know that I am…..till the next post peace in the middle east…..

P.S. When Pres. Bush was here last week we all pretended to be from Australia and tried to stay low and hide out till he left….

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the board would have been perfect for another brother I know!! ha ha

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday kudos...I feel old so you must be too!!! Especially since I fell off a stool the day after and have to wear these cool wrist guards...jsut kidding wrist guards not cool and extremely annoying...I definitely think the stool won this battle! Thank goodness I got that Hawaiian meat to land on!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home